Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Back in Texas....and it's a good day!!

Pat and I traveled home with Linda Burgener (who we are staying with in Tomball, Texas) before Easter and started home Easter afternoon. Linda's mom, Margaret also traveled to Texas with us and is staying with Bruce and Deb Schonert. It was two days of traveling but we arrived safely back in Tomball Monday afternoon. Tuesday morning was an early one that had us leaving the apartment at 6:50 for an 8:30 bloodwork appointment. Traffic was horrific!!!  We pulled into the parking garage at 8:33. It doesn't matter if you are late for bloodwork......you just get there as soon as you can and they get you in pretty quick half of the time. ;-)  Then on to see a new CC fighter..Tabytha Armstrong and also there was Jeff Shuckman. We had a nice visit...and exchanged stories....  there are a couple of other CC patients here this week I hope to meet also.
Then I was off to see Dr. Javle at 10:30. I was called back within 10 minutes (record time since MD stands for MOST of the DAY Anderson.  My labwork is great. Phosphorus Serum was 4 which is a good number to start at when starting Cycle 2 tomorrow. Cycle two will take a month and then I get my first scan to see how wonderful this drug is working inside my body.  I will travel home about Monday, after I see an internal medicine dr (specializing in hematology) who will keep an eye on my blood thinner levels. Then I am back here in two weeks for bloodwork ...then back home for two weeks. This goes on for 3 months then down to once a month in Texas.
I made an apple pie today and plan to have a piece before I start taking my clinical trial pills tomorrow. Back to a more strict food plan for the next 3 weeks.
So many people stated how lucky I am over the Easter weekend....NO, I am BLESSED! I saw so many good friends when I was home....all my children and grandchildren. My mom had a really bad cold so I did not see her so that was a bummer but I am going to be home and she will be better so I can see her soon! 
We are sticking in an extra Italian Beef fundraiser at the VFW the last Friday in April. I hope we can have a full house and run out of food!!  My book should be here ANY day and I will have a book signing somewhere.....and be delivering and selling books like crazy!!  Please support our fundraisers if possible and remember our booth at the Relay For Life on May 2nd. Yes, I will be there!!
I am going to end this post by just asking each and every one of you to be thankful for every day!  Your life might not be going as you have always planned it.....but neither has mine. Make the best of every day....don't judge when YOU don't want to be judged. Quit whining over the small stuff and give thanks to God for the good things in your life!

God is Good ALL the time!!

Hugs,
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment