Saturday, March 12, 2016

TICK....TICK....TICK....

   


   As I sit here in the computer room of the "mobile home rustic" campground (Pat's words for our Lakeside RV Resort), it is silent. The only thing I hear is the tick...tick...tick of the clock on the wall. Pat's computer blew up about a week ago, hence...no post in over a week. I have my tablet but for some reason I am unable to post with it.
   The last two weeks have just flown by and mostly with good days. I had two days where I had some symptoms/pain but it was minimal at best. But then again....as my husband jokes..."I'm pretty hard to kill".  I have surprised the dr's with my lack of "bad side effects" with high doses of radiation and the only answer I have is "I guess I really am hard to kill!  And I have an awesome God who directs me on this journey....THAT is  HUGE in the war on cancer and LIFE!  I believe it helps that they are just radiating an aortocaval lymph node.....not like the big mass that they radiated the very first time (although this last bout of radiation has more GY's cooking the lymph node than what I got for the original tumor).  8 days of radiation left plus the weekends.
   We went to the famous Houston Rodeo last night with Linda Burgener and had a good time. You know your old when you leave the concert at 11 because you're all worn out! And then it takes half an hour to find your car because you can't remember where you parked it......a mile or so away. It was humorous....or we made it that way. Sometimes...all you can do is laugh!
   I met a man in the radiation area this week who had been a chef his entire life (probably close to 50+) and he had contracted the HPV virus as a teenager from some girl and it laid dormant in his body for 30+ years and then caused cancer to activate on his tonsil. He had the tonsil removed and was cancer free for awhile before the he came home from work early one day because the whole side of his throat/neck was swollen up the size of a softball. Yip....cancer in all the lymph nodes in his neck. So he was getting his last dose of radiation in hopes to kill it off (I think he must of had surgery, then the radiation). I had no idea that men could get the HPV virus....so I want to put this out there for awareness. All you families with boys....it is just as important for you to inform your sons about this (just as much as it is for the girls but to also get the shot). I am not sure if boys/young men should get the vaccine but definitely worth checking into.
   I saw Dr. Javle this week and before I saw him, another dr following him around commented on how healthy I looked. Dr. Link was his name and he said I needed to be on the healthy side of the clinic according to my labs. Maybe someday........but for now...I keep marching, fighting, and praying to God to guide me on this journey.
   I want to thank all the people who have sent cards/packages of goodies/money to help us with our time down here in Houston. Every single card is like a ray of sunshine!
   I am super excited my third children's book is back from the printers. If you would like one, please try to come to my book signing the Saturday before Easter from 9-1 at Roll With It Bakery. The front cover does NOT do it justice as the inside pics are way better! The book is hardback just like last year's. The cost is $25 (same as last year) and it is tax deductible if you make the check out to The American Cancer Society or The Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation. Message Jennifer Cummins Zuber, Amy Rusk, or I if you would like to pick one up in Olney.....
   So...to sum things up, I am feeling pretty good for a cancer patient!  I thank God every day and I thank Him for all of you!
   I promise to post next weekend and I hope to see many of you at the book signing. We do have a few books left over from last year if you need to grab one.
God Bless~~
Patty Corcoran

No comments:

Post a Comment